Marine Weather Pocket Guide
- 16-panel laminated and folded cards for in-the-field reference
- Full-color photos and illustrations
- Written by a well-known meteorologist devoted to outdoor adventures
Mountain and marine adventurers have one thing in common - they can't just step inside their homes when the weather suddenly turns ugly.
If they understand the signs nature provides, however, they can prepare for weather downturns and find refuge before the situation becomes serious. These two pocket guides are designed to give hikers, backpackers, climbers, skiers, paddlers, boaters, and sailors a quick reference that will help them make smart decisions regarding their exposure. Both
of the guides are by renowned weather expert and forecaster Jeff Renner, a life-long outdoorsman.
Like Mountaineers Books' other pocket guides, these weather guides are not intended as substitutes for hands-on training, but as practical in-the-field reminders and reference tools that help people understand and read their environment. Pocket guide features include:
- Reference charts and guidelines for assessing storm and avalanche hazards
- How to read clouds, winds, and fronts
- First-aid advice for weather-related injuries and illnesses
- Lightning, wildfire, and flash flood safety information